- 12 chicken drumsticks
- Your favourite marinade – Made to your liking and preference
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Your favourite braai spice
- 5 ml crushed chilli
- 30 ml soy sauce
- Slash the chicken drumsticks three to four times each with a sharp knife
- Prepare your favourite marinade to your liking and preference. Add the ginger, garlic, braai spice, crushed chilli and soy sauce.
- Pour over the chicken drumsticks and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Braai over medium coals for about 15 minutes, basting frequently.
If the drumsticks are colouring too quickly, move to a cooler part of the fire to cook more gently. It’s important you cook the chicken all the way through.